Databases/Repo's for Method Files

Thanks @EricSindelar_Hamilton
@Gareth : I uploaded my code in the folder. please take a look.

2 Likes

Thanks @Kalpesh! Really appreciate you sharing this. I went to your talk in San Diego and was impressed by your entire set up, so seeing some behind the scenes stuff is great.

3 Likes

This was something I was specifically tried to tackle was being able to make changes to a method and have that method be shared across multiple systems while maintaining their teaching locations. As through normal import you can overwrite teachings fairly easy.

What I ended up doing was creating a python application that would propagate methods files to different file locations and overwrite the HSL files reference to the Layout file to that of the target systems layout file.

From here if you wanted to keep track of teaching you can use the file convertor executable that comes with your standard Venus control download to convert the layout file to a readable ascii file which makes changes to teaching easier to track in git.

@EricSindelar_Hamilton is this meant to have a password on it?

Yes, the password is: Hamilton23

2 Likes

Thanks for uploading this, Kalpesh!

Which files did you upload here? I see the sync_open.bash and the version_open and quite a few others that may be other uploads as well.

Just those 2 sync_open.bash and the version_open

1 Like