We are looking for someone to join our team here at Genie Life Sciences. We are a start up in the liquid handling and automation space. Shoot me an email if interested: Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the job
At Genie Life Sciences we are a group of talented engineers, scientists, and experienced entrepreneurs, who are creating a technology that is disrupting the world of laboratory automation. We’re leveraging advancements in IoT, AI, and Cloud Computing to dramatically change the usability, repeatability, and intelligence of lab instrument programming, orchestration, scheduling, service, support, and compliance.
Join our team if you are interested in significantly advancing the accuracy, reliability, scalability, cost, and shareability of complex wet lab protocols and have the passion to evangelize a completely new and different way of approaching laboratory automation.
We’re looking for a Laboratory Automation Application Specialist to be a domain expert and work with our development teams, design partners, and customers. As a Laboratory Automation Application Specialist, you will provide voice of the customer feedback to our software and hardware development teams thereby having a direct influence on the usability from a practitioner perspective. You will develop complex protocols for NGS, general liquid handling, and other application areas, and work to recruit, deploy, and scale our customer sites. You will work with our sales team to engage strategic partners as an overlay specialist and participate in complex sales campaigns.
You will be working with our team of entrepreneurs and you will be the person who bridges and harnesses our potential to transform and disrupt how laboratory automation is defined.
- Develop and test/validate complex protocols and liquid handling on automated laboratory instruments and robotic movement devices in applications including NGS and general-purpose liquid handling.
- Assess customer requests for proposals and design the optimal technical solution in conjunction with sales management including protocol/throughput scaling, instrument specification and system layout review. Travel is sometimes required.
- Communicate and oversee customer needs to Genie’s hardware and software development teams.
- Lab Automation Experience including liquid handling, work-cell integration, and general laboratory techniques and including experience troubleshooting automation software and/or hardware.
- Laboratory experience with molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related field with ability to expertly follow experimental protocols and interpret/present results.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Genomics, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
- Understanding of Genomics, NGS, and General-Purpose liquid handling required.
- 4+ years of practitioner experience in a life sciences wet laboratory setting.
- 4+ years’ experience with automated lab instruments in a high throughput screening, compound management, secondary screening, high content biology, genomics/NGS, cell culture or research automation setting.
- 5+ years industrial experience with an automation vendor such as Tecan, Hamilton, Thermo Fisher, Beckman Coulter, PerkinElmer, HiRes Biosolutions or equivalent.
- Experience with scheduling software for automated laboratory systems.
- Experience with custom scripting of lab automation instrumentation, or experience with larger custom software or LIMS/Sample Management integration projects in a lab setting.
- Experience with programming language (preferably Python) and/or API integration.
- Premium coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Matching 401(K) plan