Fix or Replace Limit Switch (Homing Fail)

My X axis limit switch is stuck on, so that in calibration homing the robot immediately registers the X axis as homed and moves onto the Y axis, but fails to hit the Y axis limit stopper and drives against the back of the robot.

How do I fix or replace the x axis limit switch? It definitely seems bent.

Just curious. Were you able to check if the wiring looks fine and plugged in?

1 Like

All fixed, to replace it I just had to unplug the red+black leads and unscrew the two hex bolts with an allen wrench. Then, I replaced the broken switch with a working switch taken off an OT-2 that was not being used. The switch is actually an OEM part, D3M-01K1-3 manufactured by Omron. You can buy them here.

The screws had some threadlock material on them which I dissolved in chloroform to make them easier to screw back in.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D3M-01K1-3/789460

5 Likes

Awesome job @Stefan, if you need any replacement parts feel free to reach out and I can get the ball rolling on that.

Additionally, you can get in direct contact with our support team at support@opentrons.com. Might be faster than here (although I’m trying to get in the habit of checking this forum more regularly :sweat_smile:).

1 Like