Fluent Control Wishlist

I might be a bit late to this thread, and less in depth on the coding side but my QoL wishlist on the “standard application use” side of things would be:

1. Better documentation of Tecan variables within microscript. e.g., IndexTip, detectedVolume, etc and how they interact.
  2. Passing variables b/w main- and micro-script without exporting to txt or similar. This alongside subroutines inside microscript would make it much simpler to add traces/tracking to the LC
  3. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll begin scripting and the dang arms don’t properly initialize, Move Tool shows no arms configured, and I need to restart the software. On that same subject, having to start the software after a crash and being greeted with a message to restart once again is never fun.
  4. It would be great if the normalization, dilution, and other super-smart commands worked.
  5. Logviewer is atrocious. I know why it can’t show firmware commands like with EVO but damn it would be great if it was just a little better and a bit more informative on errors. Things like “height out of range” give you a good indication but don’t pinpoint the interaction that caused the issue.
  6. Let me expand the variables section or drag/pin like other UI elements. its SO CLOSE to a great feature, but not if I can only see 5 lines at a time.
  7. Validation needs to show more info on errors within loop, and I think would benefit from being redesigned a little bit. Maybe something like grouping errors… that way changing the name of a single POS or plate doesn’t lead to 50 identical errors.
  8. Echoing @luisvillaautomata request for mix parameters in smart commands. I hate adding pre- or post- mixing to microscript to match what could’ve been done in 5 seconds on an EVO.
3 Likes