Hamilton @ SLAS 2023 Info

Will the Venus 6 be recorded and published for those that can’t attend physically?

1 Like

I checked and it doesn’t look like SLAS will be recording and posting the exhibitor tutorials. If I find out otherwise, I will let you all know.

We do plan on hosting a webinar after SLAS to go over the new VENUS six features. No date is currently set - I presume it will be timed around the formal launch.

8 Likes

Hello Eric,

Will it be ready to release soon?

Also Alvaro is also presenting right? DO you know when that is?

Hi Kalpesh,

Yes, Alvaro is presenting on it on Monday at noon. I presume the timeframe for release will be communicated then! We also have a section of the booth dedicated to VENUS six, so be sure to stop by!

2 Likes

Could I get the slides for the Venus 6 presentation? Would like to show the management, operators and others what’s coming down the line and push them towards getting this nice software upgrade. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1, that would be great!

Working on it!

1 Like

Hi all,

See this link for a copy of the SLAS 2023 presentation on the new VENUS software.

As soon as I can get copies of the other presentations and materials from the show, I will upload them to that folder, but you can also check out our website for the latest news and information.

-Eric

6 Likes

Sorry, looks like there were a couple videos in the slide deck that I will have to account for. I’ll work on that and update the link later, but at least you have something for now!

2 Likes

Fixed!

1 Like

Hi all,

Good news - there will be a webinar sooner than I expected on the new VENUS software! Please see the link below to register!

Thank you,

-Eric

2 Likes

As someone who is building API’s with .NET, wow that’s pretty cool.

It cuts off in the image, but what else does that Swagger UI have?

I don’t have any info yet on the new REST API for VENUS. I think that topic may warrant its own webinar or talk for those interested on this forum.

2 Likes

Hi All. Wanted to add a few Q&As that were asked at the talk. I’m sure Hamilton will correct me if my notes are incorrect.

1. Is there an Undo Option?
    a. Not in the initial release, but planned.
  2. Is there going to be Versioning of methods?
    a. Yes, with Validation Mode Turned on. However, you cannot revert back to older versions of the method. This is planned for future releases.
  3. How does the Hamilton Scheduler feature into this?
    a. The Hamilton Scheduler will come bundled with Venus at no additional cost.
    4.Timeline?
    a. Targeting Mid April for release.
  4. Compatibility of Methods written in Venus 6 with Venus 4?
    a. As long as you don’t use any of the new “Power Steps”, then it should be compatible

One other note was that you will eventually be able to use the same installer for Venus 6 for Star, Nimbus, and Vantage platforms. At initial release Vantage will need its own separate installer, even though the software will look the same.

Hope this is helpful!

1 Like

I recalled someone asked how installing and using Venus 6 with existing STAR instruments would work. I thought I heard motherboard upgrade and potentially installing the status light/progress bar?

Could @EricSindelar_Hamilton confirm any requirements to use Venus 6 with STAR instruments?

The motherboard comment I think was a miscommunication and the status light/progress bar is only for the new STAR design and isn’t a requirement for the new VENUS. My understanding is that there is likely a new firmware upgrade for those upgrading from VENUS four and prior, but I think it will be best to wait until the formal firmware compatibility and list of requirements are prepared prior to launch.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Glad we didn’t need to get a motherboard upgrade!

1 Like

A lot of people were asking about the PREP at SLAS/after SLAS–if people had further questions about it, you can put them here or shoot me a DM and I’ll jump on it for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Highly interested in LIMS connectivity details!
Would be happy to have a webinar at a daytime that enables Europeans to join :sleeping:

The good news is that I believe all of Hamilton’s webinars are now available “on - demand” after the initial live webinar! (Aka, register for it, and then you can use that link to access the recording at any point after the webinar happens)

1 Like