HSLSeqLib(338) mismatch

Good morning,

I have been attempting to expand upon a method that works already on the system to increase the walkaway time, but have been receiving the following error in the simulation mode after I have appended the worksheet containing the source and target ID’s.

C:\Progam Files (X86_\Hamilton\Library\HSLSeqLib.hsl(338)
type mismatch
(0x23 - 0x1 -x14)

The library appears to be appended to the method correctly, could this be a problem with the install of this library or versions, as I am modifying the method on a slightly newer version of venus on a different computer?
Or is it more likely an error in the additional target plates that I added to the method (it seems like I have made the correct links to the various components and sequences) ?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Adam

Hi @Adam ,

I suspect your issue is either the implementation of the sequence being built or your file. The HSLSeqLib requires the Labware ID and the Position ID to be string values. Below are some common situations that would lead to this error:

• Your labware uses numeric positions instead of Alpha Numeric and your file is reading the positions in as integers. Change the position to string on the file open command to correct.

• The variable you are using for Labware ID and/or Position ID has a typo or is not the same variable being used in the SeqAdd function. An unset variable will default to 0 which is an integer not a string.

• Your file has some extra rows appended to it that you can’t see. Common for files that are hand made. These extra values are read in as Null and will throw this error. Highlight some of the rows under your working information and delete the entire row to try and eliminate this. You can also use the StrGetLength function to check to see if the length is > 0 (0 = Null).

Easiest troubleshooting step to take would be to trace your Labware ID and Position ID variables right before you add to the sequence to see what is getting added.

If you could include a screen shot of the portion of code you are using to build the sequence or a link to a pkg and the input file that could also help find the culprit.