Integrating plate imager and an incubator

What plate reader are you using? You may be able to write your own driver for it.

Celigo.
I believe writing a driver may be easier now using chatGPT!

1 Like

Thank you all for your guidance and support. I’m pleased to share that at least four companies have responded to me with revised quotes, offering alternative designs and materials that have effectively reduced the cost. I sincerely hope this will not impact their profits and that they have simply devised more cost-effective and sustainable solutions.

1 Like

Here’s my chat with chatgpt:

Rishi: I believe if the companies, that provide integration solutions for the lab automation, provide lower price options for simple integrations. Then, it will help them to penetrate new market accounts which in turn could result into complex integration projects in future. What do you think chatgpt?

GPT4.0: I agree with your perspective. Offering lower-priced options for simple integrations could be a beneficial strategy for companies providing lab automation solutions. This approach has several potential advantages:
1 Market penetration: By providing affordable options, these companies can attract a broader range of customers, including smaller labs or those with limited budgets. This can help them establish a foothold in new market segments.
2 Building relationships: By working with customers on simple integrations initially, companies can develop strong relationships with them. This can lead to opportunities for more complex and higher-value projects in the future.
3 Demonstrating value: Providing lower-priced options allows customers to experience the benefits of lab automation without making a significant investment upfront. As they realize the value of these solutions in terms of efficiency, accuracy, and productivity, they may be more inclined to invest in more advanced options.
4 Word of mouth marketing: Satisfied customers are likely to recommend the company to others, leading to increased business and market penetration.
5 Product improvement: As more customers use the lower-priced integration options, companies can gather valuable feedback and data to improve their products and services.
However, it’s important for companies to consider the potential risks and challenges associated with this strategy. Offering lower-priced options could lead to reduced profit margins and the need to carefully balance resources and priorities. Additionally, companies must ensure that they maintain high-quality service and support even while offering lower-priced solutions to avoid damaging their reputation.

2 Likes

Thats brilliant. I just sent it to our director of development. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is a good initiative and idea

1 Like

Hi @Rishi , I simulate the integration for you to know how the system works. Actually any arm is ok for integration and the cost of hardware is not very high. But to finish the integration, there will be many development (hardware and software) and deployment works, and these cost will be higher than hardware. If you can do these things all by yourself, you can reduce the cost even lower than your budge.

2 Likes

Thanks for simulating and sharing it. I agree if I could develop the software piece then I’m golden. However, I’m a scientist by background and don’t want to invest too much time in custom software development. I also don’t want a custom solution from a team member that rest of us can’t maintain without the person who developed it. For now, I’m going with a vendor but would keep exploring options.

Hello Rishi, this is an ideal situation for Genie LabOS. Please shoot me an email at Paul.berning@genielifesciences.com or schedule a meeting: Calendly - Paul Berning. I’d be happy to set you up with a software solution to help you out.

1 Like

Hi Rishi
Our US distributors https://www.tekmatic.com/ Phone: 815.282.1775 Email: info@tekmatic.com will give you the most cost effective solution.
Regards
Malcolm