Library Downloads? (Requests)

I would love to start hosting all labware .tmp files as well as libraries somewhere on github! Setting up a STARlet today, and just ran into an issue of having a carrier where Hamilton doesn’t have the .tmp file baked into venus.

1 Like

Oh man that would be great. So many random carriers or MFX carriers labs collect that exist as just “oh you have to copy and paste this file path and use search to find it.”

We could just share Dropbox links here for now.

Hi all,

Please let me know if there are any particular libraries or labware that are of interest. The good thing is that we have a lot of libraries built and refined over the years, the bad thing is that we have a lot of libraries making it a challenge to curate and support!

I can set up a shared folder on Hamilton’s Resource Center, but I understand if you’d prefer to keep it on a site that is more platform agnostic - just let me know.

Also, we are actively working on our next iteration of VENUS (post VENUS five) that will incorporate more commonly used libraries, updated labware, etc - all of which is long overdue IMO! I am happy to try and help in the meantime!

-Eric

2 Likes

A shared folder would be great!

Shared folder would be great.

A post was split to a new topic: Library Downloads (Updated Thread)

Wow this looks incredibly useful

1 Like

@EricSindelar_Hamilton you’re a legend for this! I always felt like libraries were this mythical creature only found on the USB of apps engineers.

Man of the people!

6 Likes

This looks fantastic! Thanks Eric. Do you have the http library?

I just uploaded it!

1 Like

Wonderful, thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

@EricSindelar_Hamilton
Do you have any libraries that help with managing timers, or creating timers dynamically?

Thank you!

Can you please provide some more context in regards to the need/use case? Other than the default timer commands in VENUS, I am only aware of the timer commands in the Step Tracker library, which I have posted to the shared Libraries folder.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for sharing the step tracker library! I wasn’t aware that this library existed. Pretty cool to see and I like the new icons.

I think I was looking on a way to keep track of all the timers used in a method in an easy to read format. I may look into storing the names and time values into a arrays and then deploying them in my method, so when I need to adjust a timer I can just modify the value in the array rather than looking for that line of code to change it.

In regards to creating timers dynamically, I was just curious if there was something out there, not really looking to implement that in our process.

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your great support, you indeed fill a vacuum here.
I would appreciate to receive the ErrorSimulator library and the TrackLightHelper library or something similar to simulate error states and to control the front cover LEDs of the STAR.
Thank you so much
Max

I’ll follow up and see if there are any solutions. If not, perhaps you can contribute these ideas and any others to the new thread for VENUS feature requests.

Hi Max,

These two libraries have been uploaded to the shared folder!

Thanks,

-Eric

Again, thank you so much

1 Like

PyHamilton now ships with all of the .pkg (non-executable install) libraries that Eric posted. You can run pip install pyhamilton followed by pyhamilton-config and the libraries will be copied into your HAMILTON libraries folder.

1 Like

Just a quick note regarding Hamilton libraries. I assume everyone here is aware of the general rule regarding library installers (if it comes with an installer, it must be run, otherwise it won’t register any included DLLs), but for libraries provided as PKGs, there is an alternative approach for “installing” them automatically. Copy/Paste can result in incorrect directory references depending on the library itself and any differences in development environment (especially 32 vs 64 bit OS where Hamilton ends up in Program Files instead of Program Files (x86)) so if something is provided as a PKG file, it should be imported in most cases. This generally applies to all Methods and Submethod Libraries. Fortunately, VECTOR/VENUS comes with a command line tool for automatable importing of package files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HAMILTON\Bin\HxMethodCopy.exe

You can find the help file in the same folder with all the available flags and examples, as well as how to use the tool to automatically generate Exports.

Is this a process that is already in use as part of the PyHamilton library installer? If not, I would recommend taking a look to see if it can help create a more robust install experience.

Sincerely,
William

2 Likes