ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyhamilton'

Hi Stefan

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks a lot for your reply! I did some playing around today and have managed to get everything working. Not entirely sure what it was but I suspect that it had something to do with conda, as once I uninstalled conda I managed to get things working.

Regarding your Getting Started guide, under step nine you write:

• Run. If you have other Python versions installed, always run pyhamilton with py yourmethod.py (the bundled Python launcher, which interprets shebangs) or python3 yourmethod.pyPress accept to proceed with the bundled installers."

However, when I run at that stage of the process I get no installers popping up. Should I be seeing installers here? For me it merely seems to run a simple protocol (the one created in step 8) in Venus which I suspect is the “test method” that you have built to test the installation.

Having moved on from the above, I got started on the next part of your guide, " Your First PyHamilton Method". I’m still tinkering but I am getting a bit of an issue with the script that you write. It seems the procedure should be tip_pickup>aspirate>dispense>tip_eject, but when I run the exact same script it just collects one set of tips, then nothing (a bunch of stuff being written to trace) before the method terminates. Not sure what the issue is but I will tackle that tomorrow. Just a couple questions in the meantime

• Should all sequences be user-defined (i.e. not system-controlled)? I could only get my “First PyHamilton Method” to do anything when I abandoned the tips as system-controlled and instead defined them as their own sequence (tips_1 etc).
  • Could deck layout/instrument type be a problem? I see your example methods are running on what appears to be a Starlett, whereas I am using a Star.

Anyway, thanks again for your help, and apologies for the inexperience!

1 Like