Power Step Error

Hi,
I am trying to use power step (hit picking). When I run the method I get the error message, how can I solve it?

@Kabha - Can you provide an export pkg of your method, as well as a copy of the worklist you are attempting to use? Seeing the details of your hit picking power step and the worklist will be required to see what is triggering the error, though it looks like an issue with the worklist.

You can upload the .pkg and worklist to this shared folder.

If you upload a trace file as well, that would be helpful so we can confirm the software version.

Thank,
I have Upload the file and worklist

@Kabha - So the issue that triggered the error is how the transfer volume for the power step is being assigned.

When you used a variable as a parameter to assign the transfer volume, you had assigned that value to the name of a column in the worklist. Because that column name does not exist, the error you observed was triggered when VENUS attempted to open the file.

If you want to assign your volume as a variable, and not via a worklist value, then you will want to leave that field blank (default) and assign it as a variable in the Pipetting Settings

You will need to do this for both aspiration and dispense.

1 Like

Additionally, I see you are intending to pool multiple sample aliquots into a single container. You will want to append that sequence with additional positions, enough to match the amount of channels on your system, otherwise you will encounter an additional error (not enough sequence positions) when attempting the first transfer. You can simply add the same position multiple times to the target sequence you want to use.

Because you will be returning to the same target sequence positions at each dispense, you will want to toggle auto-increment off, under the dispense settings.

Otherwise your target sequence would need to consist of as many positions as total transfers for the power step (which will be dictated dynamically from the hit picking criteria applied to the worklist).

1 Like

Thank you very much,
I have another question: is there any way to aspirate different wells at the same time and dispense into one target (one well)?
Because if I try this workflow and select only one well (target), the instrument uses only one channel. But if I select 8 wells (target), then the device uses 8 channels

You will want to append that sequence with additional positions, enough to match the amount of channels on your system, by simply adding the same position multiple times to the target sequence you want to use.

Because you will be returning to the same target sequence positions at each dispense, you will want to toggle auto-increment off, under the dispense settings, otherwise the step will consume sequence positions and will need more available for subsequent steps.

2 Likes