Track lights Vantage with VoV

Hi there,

is there a library to control the track lights of the Vantage System as there is for the Star? Specifically, I’m looking for a library that takes the track # as input and turns the light on/off/to blinking.

best Dominik

@dominik.b - This function can be found in the IDL Tools library, which is a custom library that has some extended functions related to the loading device and load tray. Please note that this is a custom library, and not an officially released library from our software group, and as such non-routine support regarding it’s use may be limited.

TRAY_LightUpTracks is the function you are looking for, and the parameters are pretty straight forward. I believe the author has the selected track light set to blink by default when turning the lights on.

-Nick

2 Likes

Hi Nick,

that’s perfect, thank you so much :slight_smile: Anything I have to look out for when importing this package?

best
Dominik

1 Like

@dominik.b - Check your library folder for a subfolder called ‘Vantage Tools’. If it exists, then delete it or rename it before importing.

When importing be sure to import as ‘recovery’ with overwriting of original Hamilton files unchecked.

-Nick

That was easy :heart_eyes:
ezgif.com-optimize

Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

On a lighter note, I really want to see someone sync their Vantage to Wizards In Winter now…

3 Likes

Sounds like a fun Easter egg for Venus 7…

2 Likes