Venus feature requests

I have our internal specifications document, but I think R&D and Product Management would be very upset with me if I shared that! :wink:

What I can say is that we are making a considerable effort and investment in VENUS and the development will be split into multiple release phases. The first phase will focus on modernizing the interface and including formal support for the VANTAGE so we no longer have a separate VoV plugin. The goal is for that release to occur by SLAS 2023 where we will also have a tutorial and provide more insight on the roadmap for our software.

Until then, I wouldn’t hold off on developing new tools as needed for your applications. The software will be backwards compatible so whatever you develop should still be applicable. If there are libraries or functions that you need, please ask in the VENUS Library Downloads thread.

Since joining the forum, I have been providing all the feedback to our internal teams at Hamilton. I greatly appreciate everyone’s expert insight into what is needed to improve our solutions and will work to make sure your voices are heard! Many of the suggestions mirror requests that the Hamilton applications team has been wanting as well so it is encouraging to see agreement amongst the VENUS users out there.

7 Likes