Easter Eggs

I was reminiscing with a old co-worker about previous field engineer service with Tecan and remembered running into a easter egg during service of one of the peripheral instruments. It got me wondering if anyone else knows about these or if there are some other out in the Lab Auto world that are fun or otherwise interesting!

I’ll start it off:

• Tecan’s on-deck tower incubator, the Te-MIO has an easter egg in the S&S software. I don’t remember the details exactly, but if you enter something like -1 for all parameters, it will shake and “sing” a song! I’ve been told it’s the national anthem of its country of origin (Germany?) but I never confirmed. Honestly makes for a pretty robust testing as well - but doesn’t translate into a report well.
4 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t remember the specifics, and it’s not specifically lab automation, but Agilent HPLCs have a handheld controller that if you use just the right sequence of button presses, it turns into a game (I think it’s space invaders but I forget).

1 Like

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A?

1 Like

A couple gems from a post on a different section of the forum, pertaining to Tecan Lore:

• …Before Evoware was named Evoware it was Robonet which was originally developed for the TCW2000 clinical workstation (Genesis) - Thanks @JoeLabAutomatic
  • The Fluent may have originally named VisionX and then Myrius before finally being renamed Fluent.

Tecan unrelated:

• The service password for Cytomats is a throwback to their original company - Elektronic!
3 Likes

As for the Tecan Fluent original names:

1. Obviously, VisionX can still be found in the folder structure
  2. MYRIUS can still be found when creating a new Instrument configuration
    • open 3D simulator
    • go to ‘file’
    • Select ‘new configuration’
    • create a setup and save
    • the new file name for the configuration will contain the name ‘MYRIUS’
    • file can be located in: C:\ProgramData\Tecan\VisionX\InstrumentConfigurations