Liquid Handler Market Share

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum, but have been lurking for a little while.

We’re considering automation options at my company, but I’m keen to see some data on market share as we’re developing scripts for a workflow that will be deployed to customer sites. I’m intuitively aware that the usual suspects (Hamilton, Tecan) will command the majority of the market, but it would be good to be able to put some numbers to this - if anyone has any that could be shared? I appreciate this might be a long shot though.

You might be able to develop some estimates by looking at the proportion of each brand sold by used equipment companies, that would likely approximate the proportion being used in the field.

These will probably be reflective a specific region such as around Boston

2 Likes

Good idea.

We’re UK based, but a lot of our partners/customers are in the US so I think we’re after an overview, rather than specific regions. Anyway, will have a go!

I would caution that some of those used equipment vendors to specialize in certain vendors over others. So if they see a Tecan that needs some work they may be more confident that they can repair and resell it than if they see a Hamilton.

1 Like

Hi Donald, don’t forget about Analtyik Jena and the CyBio FeliX. We have demo-labs in London if you want to give it a try.

I do applications support for the FeliX as my job so can help out with any questions.