On-Deck camera

I’ve used Rhombus in the past, you can set the SSO for integration into OKTA

Records 24/7, cloud based storage, can set up alerts, can download vids, etc…

I too use the Ubiqiuti UniFi Camera systems, specifically the G3 Flex cameras because they are small enough to go into a STAR, hardwired to not clog up WiFi, and POE allowing for just one lead going to the cameras. I typically place two cameras on a STAR/Vantage, one on the each front frame support to the left and right of the door.

2 Likes

@bowlineknot and @Brad , can you elaborate on what you end up using for switches/ storage? I’m trying to wrap my head around how to set this up, where the liquid handlers I’m interested in are on different floors of the lab. Do you have a separate POE switch for each liquid handler? Are you using UDM Pros or NVRs for video data storage? Does the storage device need to physically connect to the POE switch that the cameras are attached to?

The fact that they use the IKEA version of manuals is not helping me :sweat_smile:. Thanks!

I believe we have a NVR linked up to our network. Then each webcam was connected via POE at each liquid handler. Unfortunately this means that you need a network port at each liquid handler if they are far apart or at least a switch and long ethernet cables to reach everything. The storage device doesn’t necessarily need to be physically connected (i.e. right next to each other and directly connected), but it should be networked together.

Link to what I think we are using.

If you’re just starting out, try this cheaper option and set it up for an instrument or two that are close together and see how it works before expanding the webcam network.

1 Like

@bowlineknot Thanks for the additional information. This is what I was thinking for both the “test” and the longer term solution, but was starting to go in circles with all various options that have for gateways etc. I appreciate your help!

Hello
When you said you can use any camera with LabEye, do you know anything about Luxonis OAK-1 Lite cameras?
https://docs.luxonis.com/projects/hardware/en/latest/pages/BW1093/

Hello
My company has LabEye installed on a trial license at the moment and they are attempting to use a Luxonis OAK-1-Lite camera. Would someone here know if that camera is compatible with LabEye?

To get the camera to work at all with windows, we needed to install DepthAI.

https://docs.luxonis.com/projects/hardware/en/latest/pages/BW1093/
Anyone have any experience with this type of camera?

@Shaik would know about LabEye compatibility. He co-founded Robiotic.

@Shaik - any help would be greatly appreciated.