On-deck cell counting

Hi.

Does anyone have any experience with cell counting (adherent and/or suspension cells) using an on-deck device? Having spoken with a couple of companies, it seems like counting cells/cell confluence is difficult when over 50% confluence without staining and using fluoroescent imaging, however this is both terminal and more complicated/time-consuming. Non-destructive visible light assessment would be preferable, even if not 100% accurate.

Is there a device which Hamilton has support for natively/with libraries? That would be a huge plus for us, although if not the case we would be able to write our own library.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Gareth,

We’ve integrated cell imagers like the Cytation, Cellavista, Cell Metric, etc. I’m not sure which one would be ideal for your application, but if there is a device you’ve identified, let me know and I can confirm if we have a VENUS driver developed for it.

Thanks,

-Eric

1 Like

Allen Institute uses the Celigo imaging cytometer with CellProfiler for image analysis

We’ve integrated the Celigo as well - last integration project I personally worked on was over 10 years ago though so I hesitated to include them in my previous response. Good to know I am not THAT out of date. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Eric! We have 2 cellavistas we got on auction, do you know if the VENUS driver is available online?

Hi Ben,

There is a cost associated with VENUS drivers for third-party devices. Please reach out to your local sale rep for more info. If you need any help getting in touch with the right person, please message me!

Thank you,

-Eric

Thanks all, sorry for not replying to this. Ideally, it would be a small, on-deck piece of equipment that we can integrate easily. The instruments mentione so far are quite big and would need to be outside of the STAR, which is a shame. I will continue to look - thank you for your suggestions!

Bumping this back up.

Have you looked at the Cellaca MX?

Also this Cellcyte?

1 Like