Library Downloads? (Requests)

This issue looks very familiar to me. Check your windows region and language settings. Not sure, which one to select, but sure that this is the key.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Apologies if this isn’t the right forum but I feel like this question doesn’t warrant its individual posting.

Is there a library that allows me to resort the direction of a sequence from “up/down” to “left/right” and vice versa while giving the resorted sequence a new name?

For context, I am using the Plate Editor library that was provided here and it works wonderfully! My only issue is it automatically sorts the output sequence in “up/down” sorting. Some cases that is fine but in other cases I would like to maintain the “left/right” sorting.

Any help is appreciated like always!

-Nat

1 Like

Hi @Nat,

To sort a sequence and return it to a new sequence, I would suggest using the HSLLabwrAccess library. This library contains several functions for sequence sorting, along with other useful tools.

These functions use the sort options available in the Deck Layout in any sequence’s Advanced window, and allow anywhere from one to three sorting parameters to be processed in a single function. Refer to each function’s “Help” file by clicking the yellow question mark (?) in the middle of the parameter window to find more information.

Thank you,
Dan

3 Likes

Thank you so much @DanHartman_Hamilton! This is exactly what I needed and it works well with the 96 plate editor.

-Nat

2 Likes

Anyone have know of a library that can add/subtract time/dates?

1 Like

Hi @chips-a-hoai

There is a user created library called HSL Time that has the ability to return the difference in time from two date/time entries. It also has the ability to offset a date/time by a specified amount.

The author of the library is no longer with Hamilton but the help file that comes with the library is comprehensive.

The GetTimespan function will calculate the differences between two date/times and the GetDateTimeOffset will return the date/time forward or backwards the amount of units specified.

-Brandon

7 Likes

Hello,

Is there is library that can split a single sequence into two sequences at a given position? For example, I have a sequence that contains 48 positions and I want to split the sequence into 2 sequences after the 36th position. Meaning that the first 36 positions are set in sequence whereas the remaining 12 position are set into another sequence.

Any help appreciated like always,

-Nat

Hi @Nat,

Unfortunately, there isn’t a library that splits a sequence. The HSLExtensions Sequence library has a function which Concatenates sequences, so if you started with the two separate sequences then you could use that function to combine them into the one larger one, yielding the three separate sequences.

Alternatively, splitting a sequence could be coded by looping over the larger sequence, and while the Loop Counter is less than or equal to the Target Position, then the Position/Labware IDs could be added into one sequence. Then when the Loop Counter is larger than the Target Position, IDs could be added into a second sequence.

Thank you,
Dan

3 Likes

Hi @DanHartman_Hamilton,

Thank you for the suggestion! I would like to go with the second option since my starting sequence will vary between cases. While I understand the logic for using loops to build the new sequences, what I don’t fully understand is how many loops it will require to a split the large sequence. Are you suggesting that I make one loop that loops over the larger sequence and then, within that loop, I create a loop for each condition? Could you help me understand this better?

Thank you again,

-Nat

Hi @Nat

You can use one loop to perform this logic with an if/else statement to determine which sequence to deposit the Labware ID and Position ID into. This can be a fixed number loop, or you can loop over a sequence. Below is an example of performing these steps:

The important part is you need to progress the main sequence within the loop. You can use the loop counter as your index to switch from Target Sequence 1 or 2. Every position below 37 will go into l_seqSet1, where every position after 36 will go into l_seqSet2.

2 Likes

Hi @BrandonBare_Hamilton

Thank you very much for providing an example as I now have a better understanding of how loops work for splitting sequences :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve opened an old Hamilton method on a new computer and I’ve seen that I don’t have the “HSLIni” library (it was used to open and write into a .ini file by keys and values). Do you have its installer somewhere ?

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi @Yass,

Here is a link to download the installer for the INIFile Library. Let me know if this is not what you were looking for and I’ll keep digging.

Thank you,
Dan

2 Likes

Thank you so much as usual !

1 Like

What does the INIFile library do?

1 Like

I’m running a brand new Venus 6 + Windows 10 system and it seems like the HSLJson library is not working. I’m getting this error:

2023-11-27 10:21:54.324 SYSTEM : Execute method - error; An error occurred while running Vector. The error description is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hamilton\Library\HSLJson\HSLJson.hsl(108) : Class not registered (0x23 - 0x2 - 0x39) ,

Could I get an updated library? Thanks!

@EricSindelar_Hamilton

Hi @Stefan,

We will get a copy of the updated JSON library installer uploaded to the Library Downloads (Links) page, but for now, here is a link to download it: HSLJson Library v2.0.1 Installer.zip :: Hamilton.

There is a .dll in the original installer that causes conflicts with VENUS 6, which is addressed in this new version.

Thank you,
Dan

5 Likes

I uploaded it to the Libraries folder!

3 Likes

Is there also a Library folder for Tecan items? Or could this be created?

I’ll make a post for that :slight_smile:

1 Like