Library Downloads? (Requests)

Hello all,

Is there a library/function which can check/output whether there are tips attached to the MPH?

@EricSindelar_Hamilton

Hi Max,

If you are referring to the MPH96, then there is an existing library function that does this. Located in the STAR_MPH96_Tools.smt of the STAR Tools Suite, the function TOOL_GetTipPresence performs this check.

The link to the library can be found in Eric’s last post on this thread.

-Nick

3 Likes

Yeah perfect, that’s what I was looking for.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @EricSindelar_Hamilton and @NickHealy_Hamilton ,

I try to look at the library link and did not found. can u please point me to that ?

Thanks,
Kalpesh

@Kalpesh - The link is in a post from Eric all the way at the top of this thread.

https://forums.pylabrobot.org/t/library-downloads/40/10?u=nickhealy_hamilton

@Stefan - Do you know if there is a way to ‘sticky’ posts like this?

2 Likes

Yeah I can sticky it, it’s an admin thing. You want the individiual post to be stickied right, not the whole thread?

2 Likes

Hello @NickHealy_Hamilton

Thanks for quick response but I am sorry, I do not see the Tool96MPH in that folder.

Thanks,
Kalpesh

It’s part of the STAR Tools Suite.

-Eric

thanks

Thanks Stefan. Just the individual post, anchored to the top of the thread if that is possible.

-Nick

1 Like

So, newcomers to the thread always start at the top, and after that you automatically get directed to the first unread post in the thread. I edited Sam’s original post to include the Eric’s post with the links, and also moved that post to a new locked thread so it can be separately visible from the requests themselves.

I can also move more link posts to the new locked thread and sticky that one, so all the Hamilton resources are in one place and won’t get cluttered with replies.

3 Likes

Is there a download link for Plate carriers, Im looking for a few Hamilton carrier definitions that don’t seem to exist in Venus.
Ape_Carrier
PLT_CAR_L4_D
PLT_CAR_L5_DWP

Also if there is some documentation or tips for creating custom carrier definitions that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ben

@Bthomas - You can find some relevant documentation in the Bin folder of your VENUS installation. For general information on the various types of labware definitions and their parameters, check out the following help document:

<install>\HAMILTON\Bin\HxLabwr3Enu.chm

This will provide some context to template (carrier) definitions which will need to be assigned dimension and site data (sites = where a rack nests). Of note for templates is that they typically need to be configured for use for autoload, which requires use of carrier labware properties for loading.

Relevant information regarding labware properties can be found in:

<install>\HAMILTON\Bin\HxGRUCommandEnu.chm

For more information, I recommend consulting section 10.2 of the VENUS programmers manual, which can be found in Eric’s downloads post linked below

Hamilton download material

When defining a template for the first time, I recommend using a copy of an existing definition as a starting point.

-Nick

2 Likes

Ape_Carrier
PLT_CAR_L4_D
PLT_CAR_L5_DWP

Regarding the specific definitions you are requesting, do you happen to have complete part numbers on hand? There are different revisions that have been released over the years.

-Nick

Thanks Nick, Ill take a look through that documentation

PN: 188039/00
PN: 6600387-01 D
PN: 93522-01 G

Ben

@Bthomas - Eric added the requested 4 and 5 rack carriers to the labware section of the downloads link.

For the MFX baseplate definition, you are best off using the multiflex carrier assistant linked in the GUI and Tools section of the download materials. It uses a drag and drop GUI to add common MFX modules to 4 and 5 site baseplates. For the empty baseplate definition, just use it to create a 5 position carrier with no modules.

GUI and Tools

2 Likes

@EricSindelar_Hamilton @NickHealy_Hamilton Would either of you be able to add APE_CARRIER to the labware folder?

Can you please provide a part number? I suspect this is the MFX base plate though which you would need the multiflex carrier assistant linked in the GUI and Tools section that Nick mentioned just previously.

The P/N for the Ape_Carrier I have is 188039/00. I used the multiflex assistant tool to add the correct nests and it worked great!

I did run into another part I’m not seeing which is PN: 6603085-01, if you have that by chance that would be awesome.

Thanks!

@Bthomas - Eric uploaded more tip box related labware definitions earlier today. It includes the carrier tailored for 50uL and 300uL tip boxes.

-Nick

1 Like